Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Africa, here we come!!


   On Thursday, July 24,  Ritchie, Ellie and I will fly to Kenya, Africa where we will spend 10 days serving with Athletes in Action.  I cannot begin to express in words how overwhelmed I am with anticipation for what has been a life long dream of mine.  In fact,  it is an answer to prayer as I had increasingly pleaded with Ritchie that our next family "vacation" be one that consisted of something other than serving ourselves.  During the Final Four in San Antonio this spring we were asked by AIA to consider a summer trip with them.  I said "YES!" before they finished asking!  Ritchie and Ellie were both a bit reluctant at first, but I have "watched in wonder" as God has humbled each of our hearts for the opportunity ahead.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I look forward to sharing the experience upon our return.  If you are at all interested,  a blog has been set up through AIA to give info and updates on the trip.  You can log on to www.aia.com/teamblogs  .  Look under Sports Teams,  Basketball-Kenya.
Blessings,  Julie 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really fun!! I hope you guys have a wonderful and safe trip! annnddd I wanna see some pictures when you get back =]
LOVE YOUUUUU
- Lia

His8Heartz said...

praying that you will ALL be blessed beyond measure! to Him that is able to do exceedingly abundant beyond all that you could ever ask or imagine!!!! have a great trip and may you see His hand in every moment!
angel

lavendergardener said...

JULIE MCKAY!!! I am so excited for you guys! You know there is no other place I would want to go. I know God is going to move intensely while you are there...remember the dream I had years ago?!! God works in such amazing ways...

Love you guys, Travel Safe,
M

Seattle Summers said...

Coach, Elana Ann, and J-mo,
We are praying for you daily! We can't wait to see all the AMAZING things that lay ahead for you! We love having the boys here with us, they have been great! We love you so much! -The Summers/McKay Crew

Julie, You know what your sister did when she saw & heard the blog...yeah...Kleenex :) Deb XO

Kara said...

Awesome! Have fun! Love you and miss you.

K

lookin4sprouts said...

Praying for you guys....just asking the Lord to cover you with His mighty and protective wings as you are serving in Africa. Know He will do amazing things while you are there, because that is Who are God is! love you much, K