Saturday, September 13, 2008

My brother, Derrick.




  Today, September 13th marks the 40th birthday of my brother Derrick.  This is a very special occasion for those of us who know and love Derrick.  Through the ups and downs of his life, we have "watched in wonder" as God has faithfully held him close, preserving his very life through many storms.  Derrick has a unique way of making a stranger his friend, bringing laughter into the hardest of circumstances, and retelling a story of one of his many "adventures" that will leave you in sheer amazement! 
  On this day, I want him to know how much he is loved.  How grateful I am to have a brother who has taught, protected and loved his little sister.  I couldn't imagine life without you and my prayer for you Derrick is that you would continue to walk in faith and the knowledge that you are a gift to many,  that God is not done with the "story of your life" and that as you continue to acknowledge Him, He will make your path straight.  The best is yet to come!
I love you Derrick.  Happy 40th Birthday!

2 comments:

lookin4sprouts said...

Happy Birthday Derrick! Blessings on a new year filled with God's perfect plans, timing and wonders that never cease!
Love, Brad and Kendra

lavendergardener said...

Happy Birthday Derrick!